The first week of college: exciting, easy, frustrating, and exhausting. I arrived in Mankato on august 10 ready for soccer pre-season. 12 days later I moved into the dorms. I was first to the room so that waiting part was over. I choose the window side and hiked up 4 flights of stairs to find a pair of beds bunked on top of each other. I sighed in frustration and started to quickly take down the top bed. After un-bunking them I assembled my loft and split. It was 9:34 am, we had a game in Drake, and I was running late for breakfast and the bus. I hurried to highland apartments, where I stayed, and gulped down some orange juice. 3 days later I was moved in completely. The first day wasn’t so bad, although I had three classes one after the other, I got done earlier than anticipated. The first class was Math, which was in Weicking center. I had remembered the orientation mistake route to the wrong building, that had lead me to Weicking instead of Wissink. From there I went to Armstrong hall to English 101, which was the longest class I had ever taken. 1 hour later I was in Trafton center 121 listening to the orientation lecture for biology.
The exciting, and easy part described the first few days. The last three days were the frustrating ones. It all started with my Thursday night class, Biology Lab. Since the game was Thursday I had to reschedule for a Wednesday session at 6-8:45 pm. When I found Trafton S., I went up the stairs to find the door in front of me showing TN 328. This was just the beginning of my problems, I had read the schedule wrong and thought it said TS 332. It was 5:54 and still no TS 332. I ran around the square to only end up where I had started, TN 328. About 10 minutes later I looked at my schedule again and saw that it said TS 351. 5 minutes later I walked in the classroom 15 minutes later that it had started. The instructor didn’t seem mad, and the class lab hadn’t even started. Thursday and Friday were easy days and on Friday I found out that I wouldn’t have math class on Tuesday which meant I wouldn’t have class at all.
I’m looking forward to college and doing well in it. MNSU class of 2012 here I come.
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment