Monday, October 6, 2008

Please don't stop the music

Music is all around us, it’s in the wind, trees, and ground. Music is the most versatile language, in that it can be anything one imagines music is. Across the universe, music could have the same effect on you as it does on somebody in another country. My favorite style of music is alternative, hip-hop, and reggae. These are my favorites because they tell a story. Also I have a taste for classical because it’s a piece of history I listen to. I love the fact that so long ago, that was their music to listen to, and that was pretty much it. It’s intriguing to know that most teenagers listened to classical in the early sixteen ad seventeen hundreds. If they were to expound on this topic I would think they would state Beethoven and Bach as there favorite composers etc. Alternative has a smooth or hard beat to it. I like the music that can accompany me to a workout, and calm me when doing homework. On my iPod I have such menus in which to accommodate the mood of my daily activities. Hip-hop is music to dance to and workout to. I usually listen to classical music when I am writing a report, or during asleep when contemplating something. Classical makes me think and my mind opens to new writing ideas.
My taste in music has changed from my younger years. I had always had a taste for classical since a little girl and for hip hop, but I used to listen to such music as country. Country does not appeal to me anymore. I don’t like the twang in people’s voices, or the guitars that have the “twang” sound either. Some country songs I will tolerate, but not much. I suppose if I were forced to listen to country as a punishment I would not mind it, but for leisure I would. Alternative and techno music went on my list when I was a junior in high school. I knew my mother didn’t really approve of the music I listened to, so I just toned it down a little to appease her, just to be respectful. I don’t really think that she minds now that I am away from the house and in college. Music is an important element in my life, but without music I would simply take up a new hobby, maybe a new language. A song as my theme song would be dreamer by Chris brown Vivaldi by happy hardcore and No.5 by Hollywood undead and Enur-calabria in a remix.

No comments: